Thursday, September 10, 2009

pancakes

September 11, 2009 001

We just finished cleaning up after introducing our new friends to the wonders of pancakes.  When we went to the library last week, I found "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs" which is hilarious even when it's in korean.  Our neighbor read the korean, and I explained the O. what each page was about.  Well, our four year old friend has been dying to try pancakes after seeing the picture of a huge one that lands on top of a house in the book and I've been trying to figure out some way to make up for all of the amazing things that our neighbor has done for us.  So, pancake making morning it was!

I used our favorite recipe from here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Buttermilk-Pancakes-II/Detail.aspx

We never have any buttermilk; instead I use enough yogurt and milk and just kind of eyeball it to make faux buttermilk.  I also don't have any of my measuring cups or spoons since they are STILL ON THE BOAT...so we improvised using some plastic kids cups and our soup spoons.  The kids loved mixing and measuring and being chefs for the morning.  The four year old took a couple of bites of the first one, said it was really good, then wanted to go back to playing with cars.  O. and S. each ate a whole pancake and we sent them home with a couple more.  What a nice way to spend the morning.  



1 comment: