Tuesday, August 18, 2009

kiwi and wii

Well, there's not much going on that would make for a good blog posting, so I thought that I would answer a question and then just post some gratuitous pics of O. for the grandparents! :)  

Someone had asked if Dunkin Donuts had any weird flavors, and I have to admit that we haven't actually gone in yet.  But, I did take this picture from the outside - looks like kiwi is their featured donut!

IMG_8033IMG_8035

Today is the second day that O. and I are on our own - we were able to go with S. yesterday to the trip to Costco.  Strange to be in Costco while in Korea.  It was actually a good thing that S. and I both had our cards since no one else was a member.  We were able to pay for our stuff, then take each of the other teachers through one at a time to checkout.  So, things that were different than the one in the states: beer and wine for sale (note a pattern here with our shopping?); whole octopuses for sale in the seafood case; $15-20 for a box of cereal and $28 for the big box of oatmeal packets; pizza with bulgogi meat on it.  Speaking of pizza, you would not believe how good a slice of pizza from Costco is when you are here! 

So funny thing happened with O. and I on our own today.  We took the metro into the center of Cheonan and started to look for somewhere to get lunch.  As we leave the train station, I notice a big line of people getting bowls of something, but paying nothing in return.  I decide that we should check it out.  We stand in line and get a bowl of rice with chicken soup and kimchi on top - yummy!  It's not really until we are finished eating that I realize that probably this is like a mobile soup kitchen and most of the people standing in line looked like they needed a free meal.  Oops. 

Oh well - it's all about meeting ALL types of people, right?  Ok, grandparents, on to the O. pics...

IMG_8037

IMG_8043

IMG_8046

IMG_8048



No comments:

Post a Comment